Designed to be inexpensive visual indicators that can be used as a primary quality check on:
- ‘Wet’ boards – post placement, but before reflow (using sprung-loaded alignment)
- ‘Dry’ boards – post reflow but before wave; and completed boards
Inspection overlays can be used to check:
- Presence of placed components
- Non presence of unplaced components
- Correct component alignment
- Correct component polarity
They are manufactured from 1.6mm anti-static FR4 to form a template which fits snugly around each placed component (while masking those non placed).
These are created directly from board design information and depop list.